Methamphetamine Addiction Overview
Overcome Methamphetamine Addiction to Renew You Zest for Life
Methamphetamine, or what is commonly known as meth, is a highly addictive stimulant. Many users get hooked right after trying it for the first time. It can be eaten, snorted, smoked or injected. While it seems pleasurable in the beginning, meth gradually destroys the body.
Abhasa Has Extended Its Helping Hands!
Methamphetamine is used for medical purposes such as treating ADHD and narcolepsy. Meth is also illegally produced in makeshift laboratories. Street meth is made using products like ammonia and battery acid. Cooking meth is dangerous, and many people get burnt and even die while producing meth.
Consuming meth gives a surge of happiness to the user. As dopamine is released into the brain by meth, the dopamine receptors gradually get destroyed. Long-term meth addicts are unable to feel pleasure without using meth. Even though the pleasure centres can be healed, the cognitive abilities of a meth user might face permanent damage.
No More Struggles With Methamphetamine Addiction!
Meth users show various symptoms, from short-term to long-term symptoms. It is pivotal to be aware of the signs to help a meth addict get better.
- Increased heart rate
- Rapid weight loss
- Functional changes and molecular alterations in the brain
- Cardiac arrhythmias
- The inability of the body to repair tissue damages
- Increased libido
- Liver damage
- Respiratory issues
- Dysfunctional immune system
- Brain damage
- Heart attack
- Constricted blood vessels
- Panic, anxiety and restlessness
- Difficulty in sitting still
- Violence and aggression
- Mood swings
- Increased sexual activities
- Avoiding enjoyable activities
- Money problems
- Legal issues
- Memory loss
- Staying away from reality
- Disorganised life
- State of confusion
The earlier the symptoms are detected, the faster a person can recover with effective treatment.
Don’t Let Methamphetamine Addiction Ruin Your Life
Some expected medical consequences of meth addiction are as follows:
- Liver damage
- Brain damage
- Lung damage
- Kidney diseases
- STDs such as HIV/AIDs
- Heart attack
Let Abhasa Help You Make A Fresh Start
Check out the brilliant facilities at Abhasa and decide for yourself if Abhasa is the perfect place for meth addiction recovery.
- Constant Care: Patients are subjected to continuous care at Abhasa. The nurses are always ready to listen to the problems of patients. The doctors conduct regular checkups and keep track of the improvement of each patient. Patients also receive post-recovery care at Abasa.
- Healthy Food: The meals cooked at Abhasa are full of nutrients. Each meal contains the right balance of all the necessary nutrients. We believe that healthy food is essential for patients who are recovering from meth addiction.
- Clean Surroundings: The cleaning staff at Abhasa keep the premises clean. The entire institute is sanitised from time to time to prevent the spread of viruses and infections. Hygiene is a priority at Abhasa to ensure the well-being of the patients.
- Outdoor Games: Patients at Abhasa have the opportunity to play different outdoor games. Activities under the sun helps the patients to stay fit and healthy. Moreover, the games which are often played in teams help the patients bond with each other.
Put Your Trust In The Experts At Abhasa
Abhasa has helped many patients to recover from meth addiction. We are one of the leading rehabs in the country to help patients get rid of different addictions. The medical practitioners at our institute are well-qualified and hold prestigious degrees. An extensive amount of effort is put into determining various treatment methods for the patients dealing with different addictions. The medical practitioners at our rehabilitation centre have the best interests of patients in mind.
Want To Quit Methamphetamine Addiction? You Have Come To The Right Place
The experts at Abhasa offer a combination of different therapies along with traditional treatment to help patients get rid of meth addiction.
- Talk Therapy
Talk therapy is used to find out the reasons why someone got into meth addiction in the first place. Identifying the cause diverts the focus on dealing with the traumatic issue. If efficient ways are found to deal with the trauma of patients, they will automatically be able to quit meth addiction.
- Art Therapy
Art therapy is used to help meth addicts express vulnerable emotions. When patients are able to open up, the burden of the lingering thoughts on their minds gets lighter. Art is a healthy way to vent out one’s emotions and get closer to the real world.
- Pet Therapy
Meth users become addicts because they want to feel the happiness that comes after using it. Staying around pets can automatically increase your dopamine levels. The secretion of happy hormones helps patients deal with their withdrawal symptoms.
- Yoga And Meditation
Yoga and meditation work like therapy for patients who want to get rid of meth addiction. While trying to quit meth addiction, withdrawal symptoms are experienced. The withdrawal symptoms bring in a lot of unpleasant feelings. Yoga and meditation play a crucial role in calming the mind from such unpleasant feelings.
Can meth addiction cause mood disorders?01.
Can meth addiction be cured?02.
It is difficult to get rid of meth addiction on your own. Seek professional medical help from the experts at Abhasa. They will help you throughout your journey of getting rid of meth addiction and living a clean life.