How to stop drinking alcohol?
First of all, it is very courageous of you to start thinking of de-addiction (quitting alcohol). This is the first step to recovery. The acceptance of you having a problem is important. So, what are the steps to quit Alcohol? Be firm in your mind that you need to quit drinking alcohol.
How will this resolve be constant? Seek help from friends and family. After taking family & friends on the board, now comes the role of a counsellor/ psychologist/ psychotherapist that will steer the ship of your new journey.
- Step 1: Positive Visualisation Ask yourself, what is your vision of a new life when you detox (quit alcohol)? Positive visualization is an integral part of getting out of any problem. Have realistic goals that you want to achieve and that you want to receive as a reward for quitting alcohol.
- Step 2: Do not Skip Meals When you eat 3-4 healthy meals per day, it will reduce your desire of having alcohol as your stomach will be full of food. As advised by India’s best de-addiction centre if you skip meals, you will give way to more problems.
- Step 3: Forgive Yourself if there are any “Slips” By slips, we refer to how we go back to drinking after putting in so much effort. Do not be worried if you fall down because you have come a little far, so you begin again from the slipped point. Even if you have tried a hundred times, keep going because you are a very inspiring story in the making. Rehab treatment is to avoid another slip, make sure you are tapering off your usage of alcohol and not quitting it altogether one fine day.
- Step 4: Empower Yourself Take charge and responsibility for your best recovery. When you take charge, you feel empowered. Then even alcohol looks very small in front of you. Believe that you are not powerless in front of alcohol. You are not a slave to alcohol.
- Step 5: Seek Help Here we talk about how a therapist will help you so that you can make the decision of seeking help from a professional. Here in ABHASA, the professionals are like family members. That is what is actually required for someone who wants to quit alcohol. Luxury and best care are provided for individuals wanting to overcome.
- Step 6: Exercise
- Step 7: Gratitude Be thankful for the Blessings you have.